J. Thompson Cravens
Joe Thompson Cravens Is the President of Cravens & Noll, P.C. in Richmond where he practices in the areas of personal injury, criminal law, domestic relations and military law. Mr. Cravens received his B.A. degree from the University of Virginia and his J.D. degree from the College of William & Mary. Commissioned an officer in the United States Army, 1984, Commissioned a United States Army Judge Advocate (JAG) 1987. Veteran of “Operation Just Cause”, Panama, December 1989-February 1990. “Operations Desert Shield and Desert Storm”, Saudi Arabia, Iraq and Kuwait, August 1990 – May 1991.
He is a past adjunct professor at Nova University and has spoken on law of war to service members, pre-deployment and reservists. Mr. Cravens is a member of the Virginia State Bar, and the bars of the U.S. Court of Claims, the U.S. Court of Military Review, the U.S. Court of Military Appeals, the U.S. 4th Circuit Court of Appeals and the United States District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Virginia, the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, The American Association for Justice, the Richmond, Chesterfield/Colonial Heights, Henrico County, and American Bar Associations.
Mr. Cravens is a Life Member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, which is an organization of attorneys who have received verdicts or settlements in excess of $1,000,000.00. Less than 1% of all trial lawyers in America qualify for membership.
9011 Arboretum Parkway, Suite 200
Richmond, VA 23236
- Is It the Minor’s Right, The Minor’s Abortion Decision in Virgina, The Colonial Lawyer, 1986
- The Chesapeake Bay, The Colonial Lawyer, 1986
- American Association for Justice
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Chesterfield-Colonial Heights Bar Association
- Richmond Criminal Bar
- Henrico County Bar Association
- The College of William and Mary, Marshall-Wythe School of Law, Williamsburg, Virginia, J.D. – 1987
- University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia, B.A. – 1984
- Virginia, 1987
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Virginia, 1987
- U.S. District Court Western District of Virginia, 1987
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 1987
- U.S. Army Court of Criminal Appeals, 1987